From blanching and boiling to sauteeing and steaming, there are many ways to cook asparagus on the stove.
As summer comes to an end, freshly harvested asparagus are at the peak in flavour and texture. Enjoy this recipe specially prepared by our award-winning culinary team at Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford.
This recipe serves 2.
500g USA Asparagus
100g Vine Cherry Tomatoes
50g Red Radish
80g Sour Dough Bread
Salt (to taste)
1. Boil a pot of water and prepare ice water on the side.
2. Pre heat oven to 140 degrees, drizzle thinly, long sliced Sour Dough bread chips with olive oil and seas salt and dry for 15-20min in the oven.
3. Peel and trim asparagus. Blanch in boiling water for about a minute and flash in ice bath. Remove, drain off excess water and set aside.
4. Toss asparagus, half cut cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red radish with 50ml olive oil, 40ml black balsamic, Sea Salt Flakes, freshly crushed Black Pepper in a bowl.
5. Place salad mix on a plate, add buffalo mozzarella on top, drizzle with olive oil.
6. Garnish with fried bread chips
Share and tag us in your creations on Facebook or Instagram.