Providing more distinct and robust flavours compared to other shrimps or langoustines, the Hispamare Spanish Carabineros Prawn is elevated in this recipe with signature black pepper sauce from our very own House of WÈI, a modern Chinese restaurant at Fairmont Singapore.
12pcs Carabineros Prawns, deveined
200g House of WÈI Signature Black Pepper Sauce
150g Anchor Butter, unsalted
30ml Olive Oil
2pcs Fresh lime
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, freshly grind to taste
- Remove prawns from packaging and ensure prawns are well thawed.
- On a cutting board, slit the prawn at the back with shell on and head intact to create a butterfly cut. Remove the vein and clean gently with a kitchen towel. Do the same for the rest of the prawns and set aside in chiller.
- Prepare a non-stick pan and place on a high heat. Brown the butter in the pan and add House of WÈI black pepper sauce. Set aside for later use.
- Prepare another non-stick pan or a charcoal grill and bring to high heat.
- Season the prawns with salt and black pepper. Brush with minimal olive oil.
- Grill the prawns, meat side down for 1 minute and turn over and grill for another 1 minute.
- Brush the prawns with black pepper sauce and grill for a few more seconds, remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh lime.